What you need to know about the new Snapchat update
There are 5 significant changes in the most recent update, that changes Snapchat so it is no longer just a photo sharing app. They include video calls and new touch gestures. Despite all of these changes the essence of privacy is still central.
- To start a new conversation or video call you need to go to the new chat panel which has been added as part of the update. You will be able to see previous messages with each individual friend and if your friends are on or offline.
- To change the camera from front to back has been made even easier; you simply hold down the video button. The same button is used to start a video chat.
- Snapchat’s new update aims to reduce the amount of notifications you receive. If someone inundates you with messages you will still only get one notification.
- With the new Snapchat update you can see the times that the messages have been sent by sliding your finger from left to right on the chat screen.
- Although Snapchat is famed for its time bomb content, it now allows you to save sent messages. It is a choice though and how private you keep your Snapchat’s is in your control.
Image sourced from www.grindd.com