How to install Android Apps on your PC
All of us at some point and probably more than once wished we could use an Android app on our PC be it for practicality or fun. Luckily, BlueStacks, an application emulator, allows you to run any Android app on your computer.
Get started with these few steps:
1. Download the installer
- Download the BlueStacks installer for Windows by clicking here or by visiting the official website: www.bluestacks.com
2. Install the program
- Run the installer, including BlueStacks-SplitInstaller_native.exe
- When the main installer window appears, click ‘Continue‘, and wait for the installation to be completed.
Note: A good internet connection is required during this process.
3. Enable Google Play
After the program is installed, it starts automatically and a shortcut will appear on your Windows desktop.
- When activated for the first time, the BlueStacks will prompt you to enable Google Play, Google’s service that allows downloading and purchasing applications.
- Click ‘Continue’ to log into the service with your Google account.
4. Run applications
- Now, you can simply download any Google Play app directly to your PC, using the search button, as shown in the image below:
- To open installed applications, click the ‘All Apps’ button located on the right.
Tip: You can also run applications present on your computer (in .apk format) by double-clicking on the file.