Imagine watching YouTube videos or streaming music via your home Wi-Fi and later notice that you have been using your mobile data for a while because your Wi-Fi disconnected without your knowledge. If this has happened to you in the past, installing a task automation app on your phone will solve this problem
Task automation apps have made it possible to automate tasks on your phone. Most of the functions that you manually did before on your phone can now be automated. You can use the task automation apps to get notifications every time your phone disconnects from a Wi-Fi connection. There are several automation apps, but MacroDroid has proved to be the best app.
To receive notifications from MicroDroid when your Android phone disconnects from your Home Wi-Fi:
- Download and install MicroDroid on your phone
- Click on the app icon to launch it
- On the home page, tap on Add Macro
- On the page that appears, scroll downwards and tap on Connectivity
- On the menu that appears, tap on Wi-Fi State Change
- A pop-up menu with options will appear, tap the Disconnected from Network button and press the OK button
- A list of Wi-Fi networks will appear, choose the network(s) that you wish to get notifications for and tap the OK button
- A trigger for the selected network(s) will be automatically activated.
To create the Notification sound for the trigger:
- On top of the create macro page, tap on Actions.
- Scroll down to Notification.
- Tap Set Notification Sound and select the notification sound that you want and tap the OK button.
- While still on the Notification‘s menu tap on the Popup Message button and type in the message that you want to be displayed when you get alerted. Click the OK button when done.
- Finally, click on the Tick button on the bottom right side of the screen to save the settings.
MicroDroid is a great and easy-to-use app that helps you automate several tasks on your phone. Your phone can automatically switch on your Wi-Fi when you are near a known router. You can also receive customized notifications and sounds for different events that happen on your phone. Your phone can also help save roaming costs by automatically switching off your mobile data when you are not using it.