Instagram is one of the most used social media platforms where you can share photos and videos with close friends and followers. Whether you are posting for fun or to grow your business brand, Instagram will expand your reach to your target audience.
For you to reach out to more Instagram users, Instagram has a scheduling feature that allows you to manage and plan when to post your images and videos. To use the scheduling feature, you need to switch your Instagram account from a personal account to a business account.
Once the scheduling feature is set up on your Instagram account, you can easily use a third-party app to schedule your posts and automatically publish them when the scheduled time elapses.
Buffer is a social media managing app that helps you to schedule and track the performance of your posts on various social media platforms including Instagram. The app has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use. The free version of the app is convenient for most Instagram users and can support up to 10 scheduled posts at any given time.
Before you use Buffer to schedule your Instagram posts, you first need to change your personal Instagram account to a business account. To change your personal Instagram account to a business profile:
- Tap the profile button on your Instagram account. It is located at the bottom left of the screen
- Tap the three horizontal lines that appear on the top right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap the Settings button at the extreme bottom
- Tap Account on the menu that appears
- On the next menu that appears, tap Switch to Professional account
- Complete the steps that follow and link your Facebook page to your Instagram account
- Once you complete the steps, your account will be turned into a business account
Now that you have turned your personal Instagram account into a business account, you can now go ahead and use Buffer to schedule your posts. To use Buffer to schedule your Instagram posts:
- Download and install the app on your Android device
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon
- Choose Instagram from the list of social media apps appearing on the landing page
- Log in with your Instagram account details and grant Buffer permission to access your Instagram account
- Tap on Authenticate with Facebook to authenticate the connection via Facebook.
- Tap on the big Plus(+) button on the bottom toolbar.
- Add a photo or video, and write the description. You can also add a location if you want.
- Tap on Share and select Schedule Post to specify the time and date. Finally, tap on the Schedule button.
- Buffer will now automatically post the photo at the scheduled time.
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare, check friend’s photos, apply filters, custom borders and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment and enjoy your friends’ photos.
Buffer is a scheduling app that allows you to easily manage all your social media channels. Using the app, you can manage social media platforms, schedule messages and obtain statistical data for Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.