Not so long ago, Facebook introduced Stories to its platform. Just like Snapchat and Instagram, Facebook users can now add short images and video clips that disappear automatically after 24 hours. The stories appear in a row within the news feed.
However, not every Facebook user likes the Stories to appear within the news feed. That being the case, Facebook users can now hide their stories from their news feed. As elaborated in this piece, users can install a simple third-party app that would help them hide their Facebook news feed stories.
Using Swipe for Facebook
Swipe is a simple-to-use third-party app that works as an alternative for the Facebook official app. The app is lightweight, battery-friendly, highly customizable, and ensures user privacy. Using the app’s settings you can hide the stories from appearing on your news feed.
To use Swipe to hide stories from your news feed on Facebook:
- Download and install Swipe on your phone
- Launch Swipe by tapping on the app’s icon
- Log in into your Facebook account via Swipe
- While on the landing page, tap the three vertical dots on the top right side of the screen
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap Settings
- On the settings menu, scroll downwards to Facebook Preferences
- Tap the toggle button next to Hide Facebook Stories to activate the setting
- Your Facebook Stories will be automatically hidden.
Swipe is a third-party app that works as an alternative for the Facebook official app. The app is lightweight, battery-friendly, highly customizable, and ensures user privacy. The app has a day/night theming engine, Messages access built-in (Chat Heads included), customizable widget for notifications and messages, and an ad blocker.