To make Facebook more interesting, developers in 2019 included a set of emoji characters called avatars. Facebook’s avatars are equivalent to Bitmoji from Snapchat. You can create and customize your own avatars using face templates.
Once you have created the avatars on Facebook, you can use them to comment on Facebook posts and Messenger messages. This piece highlights how you can create your own Facebook emoji characters to be used on Android.
To create your own emoji characters:
- Update your Facebook app to the latest version on your phone
- Launch the Facebook app and tap the three horizontal bars that appear on the top right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, scroll down to find the “See More” button. Tap on it to access more options
- Find the option “Avatars” on the continued menu. Tap on it to start creating your own avatars
- You will be presented with a customizable blank face that you will choose the skin tone, hair color, hairstyle, face shape, eye shape and color, nose shape, and body shape among other properties
- When you are done creating the avatar, tap the tick button to save the avatar to your collections.
Alternatively you can create the avatars from the comment section of any Facebook post. To do this:
- Launch the Facebook app and tap on the comment section of any Facebook post
- Tap the smiley-face button that appears on the comment box
- On the next page that appears, slide the page to the left to access the avatars tab where you will be able to create your own avatar