How to Use Instagram Reels: A Step-By-Step Guide
Reels is a new Instagram feature that allows Instagram users to create, edit, and share short videos. Using Reels, Instagram users can create videos that are up to 15-seconds, add audio files, and other effects using various creative tools.
For Instagram accounts that are public, Reels can be shared to the Feed. To attract a larger audience, users can also share their Reels on the Explore page. If your account is private, only your followers will be able to view your Reels. This piece gives a step-by-step guide on how to use Instagram Reels.
To use Instagram Reels:
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android device
- Swipe to the left of the home page to access the Instagram camera page.
- At the bottom of the page, tap on REELS
- Tap the record button at the bottom of the screen to record your Reel. You can record one 15-seconds video or tap the record button when recording to stop a recording, and tap it again to record another part of the video.
- Tap the audio icon on the left side of the screen to search and select a video for your Reel
- Next tap the AR effect icon also located on the left side of the screen to select and add effects to your REEL
- Using the timer icon, set a timer to record your video. The timer has a maximum of 15 seconds.
- Using the speed icon, select the speed of the video you wish to record
- If you have recorded several videos in your Reel, use the align icon to align the objects in your previous video before recording the next. Aligning the videos will help create seamless transitions
- When you are done editing your Reel, tap the forward arrow > that appears at the bottom right of the screen
- On the next page that appears, tap the Share button in blue at the bottom of the screen. Your Reel will be shared to the Explore page.
- Before tapping the share button, make sure you enable the “Allow share to feed” toggle button if you want your Reel to be shared on your feed.
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare, check friend’s photos, apply filters, custom borders and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment, and enjoy your friends’ photos.