Facebook and Instagram have become very popular social media platforms over the years. Users on both platforms are allowed to like posts although the interface is different. In Facebook, the like button appears as a thumb emoji while on Instagram, the like button appears as a heart emoji.
For some reason, after liking various posts on either Facebook or Instagram, some users may wish to remove all the likes from the posts. This may seem hectic but is very possible. Both Facebook and Instagram provide settings that allow users to remove/delete likes from posts.
This piece highlights how you can delete/remove all likes on Facebook and Instagram.
How to Remove/Delete All Likes from Facebook
If you are using the Android Facebook app, you can delete all your likes by following the steps below:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android device
- Tap the three horizontal bars that appear on the top right side of the screen
- On the menu screen that appears, tap Settings & Privacy
- On the menu that appears below, tap on Settings
- Scroll downwards through the Settings menu to find “Activity log.” Tap on it
- Tap the “Filters” button that appears on the page
- On the pop-up menu that appears on the bottom side of the screen, tap Categories
- On the page that appears, tap on Interactions
- On the menu that appears below, tap on likes and reactions
- Tap the three horizontal dots that appear next to each post. On the pop-up menu that appears, tap the unlike button. Do this for all the posts that you wish to unlike
How to Remove/Delete All Likes from Instagram
If you wish to remove/delete Instagram likes on the Android app:
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping on its icon
- While on the launch page, tap the profile icon that appears on the bottom right side of the page
- While on the profile page, tap the three horizontal bars that appear on the top right side
- On the side menu that appears, tap on Settings
- On the settings page, tap on Account
- On the next page that appears, tap on Posts you’ve liked
- The posts that you have liked will appear on the page. Tap on each post to open it, then tap the red “heart” button to unlike the post. Do this to all the posts that you wish to unlike.
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare, check friend’s photos, apply filters, custom borders and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment and enjoy your friends’ photos.