WhatsApp Advantages and Disadvantages You Should Know
WhatsApp is still the commonly used social media platform across the globe. WhatsApp is so common that when people buy new devices, they install the app immediately. Some devices even come with the WhatsApp app already pre-installed.
As a WhatsApp user, you must have experienced some advantages and disadvantages of using the app. However, there might be some things that you didn’t know about WhatsApp that would be advantageous to you when using the app. This piece looks at the advantages and disadvantages of WhatsApp that you should know.
Advantages of WhatsApp
- WhatsApp is completely free to use as long as you have a working internet connection.
- You can use WhatsApp to send messages and media files to people across the globe
- WhatsApp supports free voice and video calls
- WhatsApp has a user-friendly interface that makes it easier to use
- Unlike other apps, WhatsApp does not display ads within the app
- While using WhatsApp, you can send documents that are up to 100MB to other users
- The newest version of WhatsApp allows users to delete sent messages after a specified time.
- WhatsApp allows you to import contacts from your device’s contact list, thus making it easy for you to chat with friends and family
- WhatsApp can work without a sim card. As long as you have registered an account using your phone number, you can use your account on Wi-Fi without the sim card
These are just but a few advantages of using WhatsApp.
Disadvantages of Using WhatsApp
- You must have access to the internet to send and receive messages on WhatsApp
- You have to save someone’s number in your contact list before you can message them on WhatsApp
- Spam messages can be annoying
- By default, your profile picture is visible to any WhatsApp user that has your number
- WhatsApp is somehow addictive. You may spend many hours on the app and neglect other important tasks.
These are the most obvious and main disadvantages of using WhatsApp.
After going through the advantages and disadvantages of WhatsApp from the list above, you might choose to continue using the app, or look for an alternative. There are several alternatives for WhatsApp including Telegram and the newest one, Signal. Both apps are instant messaging apps that work similarly to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Messenger is a communication app designed for smartphones that allow users to send and receive messages, videos, images, and audio notes to contacts (including international numbers) through Wi-Fi or the cellular network when there is an Internet connection.
Get it on Google play