How to Get Alerts about Unrecognized Logins to Facebook
You probably have heard of social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter being hacked. Malicious people gain access to any of your accounts and use them to post unethical content. They may even lock you out of your accounts and use them as theirs.
To curb this security threat, social media platforms have implemented some measures that prevent hackers from gaining access to your accounts or minimize the damage in case a hacker manages to get to your account. Facebook as one of the commonly used social media platforms, has implemented several security features that have been deemed effective; one of them is the unrecognized login alerts.
Once this feature is activated on your account, you will receive alerts when Facebook whenever someone tries to access your account from a new device or browser. These alerts will tell you which device tried to log in to your account and where it’s located. In another related article, we discussed how you would find out if someone is signing in to your Facebook account.
To get alerts about unrecognized logins on Facebook:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android device
- Tap the three horizontal bars located on the top menu
- Scroll through the menu to find “Settings & privacy”. Tap on it
- Under the Settings & privacy settings, tap on Settings
- On the Settings page, find “Security and login”. Tap on it
- On the page that appears, tap on the “Check your important security settings” button
- Tap on the “Turn on login alerts” button and choose where you want to receive the alerts i.e. email, Facebook notifications