How to Hide Your Phone Number on Telegram
Telegram remains one of the commonly used social media platforms across the globe. Telegram’s features and security settings have contributed to its high ranking among other social media giants. Telegram boasts of providing secure communication and increased privacy to its users.
When signing up to Telegram, you will be required to provide your phone number. Your phone number will be used to create a unique user account. Telegram will not use your number to communicate with you, and will surely not share it with other users.
However, by default, your number can be seen by other Telegram users if you have saved their numbers as your Telegram contacts and anyone you have willingly shared your phone number with. But if you wish to completely hide your number from users in Telegram, there is a provision to do so. This piece highlights how you can hide your phone number on Telegram.
To hide your phone number on Telegram:
- Launch the Telegram app on your Android device
- While on the home page, tap the three horizontal bars on the top left side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap the Setting button
- Navigate through the Settings menu to find “Privacy and Security” settings
- Under Privacy and Security, tap Phone number
- On the option that says “Who can see my phone number”, select Nobody
- Your phone number will not be visible to anyone on Telegram