How to Turn Yourself into an Animated Selfie Sticker on Instagram
The features on Instagram are updated now and then to keep the platform lively and relevant to contemporary needs. With the rise in the use of animated stickers in social media platforms, the Facebook-owned company, Instagram was not left behind.
For those that do not know about animated stickers, unlike the normal static stickers, animated stickers have motion. Animated stickers have been earlier introduced and have been working well in other social media platforms including WhatsApp. In fact, you can now create animated stickers with sound on WhatsApp.
Instagram has recently introduced animated selfie stickers. These are animated stickers that you can create using your face. Yes! The feature allows you to convert your selfie image into an animated sticker. So cool! Right? The animated stickers that you create can be saved and used in future conversations. This piece highlights how you can turn yourself into an animated selfie sticker on Instagram.
To use the animated selfie sticker feature on Instagram:
- Upgrade your Android Instagram app to the latest version
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon
- After a successful login to your account, tap the messages icon that is located on the top-right side of the screen
- Select any conversation thread that you would like to add an animated selfie sticker
- On the chatbox, tap the sticker icon
- A sticker menu will appear, tap the SELFIE sticker icon in the list that appears
- Your front camera will open and you will see your face in front of a gradient background. Slide through the emoji effects available to add effects to your face.
- Once satisfied with the effect you’ve chosen, tap the circle that is on the screen to capture your selfie
- Once your selfie sticker has been processed, you will be redirected to a page where you will send or retake your selfie. Tap the black button to send the selfie sticker to the contact that you earlier selected.