How to Translate Text on Instagram Stories
More good news for Instagram users! You can now translate text on your Instagram stories and see them in your preferred language. How cool! This feature was added to Instagram to help solve language barrier problems amongst users and to enhance international communication.
The new feature was launched on 21st July 2021 and has been appreciated by a majority of users. Instagram has continued to support the translation of comments and posts for some time now. Many users can now communicate freely with foreigners from other countries without the fear of not understanding each other. In another related article, we discussed how you would translate WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger chats instantly.
The newly released feature that allows you to translate texts on Instagram stories is very easy as it happens automatically after a click of a button. This piece highlights how you can use the new feature to translate text on Instagram stories.
To translate Text on Instagram stories:
- Update your Instagram app to the newest version
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon
- Scroll through your stories and find a story that has its captions in a foreign language.
- Instagram will automatically detect the foreign language and will offer translation to the default language you use on the app.
- A “See translation” button will appear on the top left side of the foreign story. Tap on it to see the translation. The translation will appear as a popup at the bottom of your screen.