How to Activate and Use Vacation Mode on WhatsApp
Many people are going on vacation this August. What does vacation mean? Well, to most people, vacation means a period of relaxation that is off their usual schedules. This means no work emails and other work-related messages and calls.
On email, you can activate the vacation responder, and all people sending you emails will be notified that you are on vacation. Is this also possible on your social media platforms? Yes, it is! WhatsApp as one of the commonly used social media platforms has been having the vacation mode for some time now.
The vacation mode on WhatsApp allows you to disconnect from chats that you are not interested in having conversations without blocking or deleting them. How cool! The vacation mode on WhatsApp is similar to archiving messages only that you now set the specific chat(s) to remain archived. This piece highlights how you can activate and use the vacation mode on WhatsApp.
To activate and use the vacation mode on WhatsApp:
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of WhatsApp. If not, upgrade to the latest version.
- Launch WhatsApp by tapping on its icon
- While on the CHATS tab, tap and hold a conversation that you wish to archive
- On the menu bar that appears on the top side of the screen, tap the Archive icon
- The selected conversation will be automatically sent to the Archive folder. The archive folder will then automatically appear at the top of the CHATS page.
To ensure that the archived conversations remain muted (no notifications from them):
- Access the archive folder where all your archived conversations are
- Tap the three vertical dots that are located on the top right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap the “Archive settings” option
- You will be redirected to the Archive settings page where you will toggle on the “Keep chats archived” option
- Your archived chats will remain archived and you will not receive any notifications from them.
WhatsApp Messenger is a communication app designed for smartphones that allow users to send and receive messages, videos, images, and audio notes to contacts (including international numbers) through Wi-Fi or the cellular network when there is an Internet connection.
Get it on Google play