How To Limit Unwanted Instagram Comments & Direct Messages
In the era where cyberbullying is rampant, various social media platforms are implementing solutions that protect users against bullies. Instagram, which is one of the most used social media platforms, recently launched a feature that allows users to protect themselves from unwanted comments and direct messages.
The new Instagram feature named Limits is an opt-in feature (meaning users can turn it on and off whenever they feel like it) that will automatically hide comments and DM requests from people who do not follow you, or who only followed you recently.
Instagram users can also choose how long the limits last, from one day to one month. In a previous related article, we discussed how you can see who views your Instagram profile. This piece highlights how you can limit unwanted Instagram comments and direct messages.
To limit unwanted Instagram comments and direct messages:
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android device
- Tap the profile icon on the bottom right side of the launch screen
- On the profile page that appears, tap the three horizontal bars located on the top right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap Settings
- Under settings find the Privacy option and tap on it
- On the menu that appears, locate Limits and tap on it. Read through the notifications and tap Continue
- On the Limits page that appears, enable the toggle buttons next to the restrictions available.
- When done, tap the Turn On button at the bottom of the page to activate the Limits feature.