How to Remove Instagram Followers Without Blocking
If you are a regular Instagram user and posts interesting content, other users can find and follow your profile. You can scroll through the “Your followers” list and follow them back. Having a large following on Instagram is advantageous, especially if you are using your account to promote a business or product.
However, some of the followers you have can be a nuisance; leaving irrelevant comments on your posts. If this happens, there are some actions that you can take; you can unfollow or block them. But can you remove Instagram followers without blocking them? Yes, it’s possible. In another related article, we discussed how you can selectively hide Instagram Stories on Android. This piece highlights the steps to follow if you wish to remove Instagram users without blocking them.
To remove Instagram followers without blocking them:
- Launch your Instagram app by tapping on its icon
- While on the launch page, tap the profile icon on the bottom right side of the screen
- On the profile page that appears, tap on the Followers section on the top of the page
- A page will appear that will have a list of people following you. You can scroll through the list or use the search function to search for the specific person that you wish to remove
- When you find the person you want to remove, tap the Remove button that appears next to their name
- That specific follower will be removed from your Followers list and will no longer see your posts or be able to comment on your posts. It’s that simple!