How to Move your WhatsApp Messenger Account to WhatsApp Business
WhatsApp has two official accounts; the WhatsApp Messenger account and WhatsApp Business account. WhatsApp Messenger account is the commonly used account and is tailored for socializing; sending and receiving texts and media files from other WhatsApp users.
WhatsApp Business account, on the other hand, is almost similar to WhatsApp Messenger but with extra features that support businesses. In a previous article, we discussed the difference between WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business.
If you wish to use WhatsApp business on your device, you can easily change your WhatsApp Messenger account to WhatsApp Business. This piece highlights how you can move your WhatsApp Messenger account to WhatsApp Business. Before moving your WhatsApp Messenger to WhatsApp Business, it is recommended that you create a backup of your account to avoid any unexpected data loss.
To move your WhatsApp Messenger account to WhatsApp Business:
- Update WhatsApp Messenger on your device and download WhatsApp Business from any App Store.
- Launch WhatsApp Business by tapping on its icon. Keep WhatsApp Business open and your phone turned on until the account transfer process is complete.
- Read the WhatsApp Business Terms of Service. Tap AGREE AND CONTINUE to accept the terms.
- WhatsApp Business will automatically identify the number you’re using in WhatsApp Messenger. To continue, tap the option with your business number. If the number showing is not the number you want to use, tap USE A DIFFERENT NUMBER and go through the standard verification process.
- Tap CONTINUE > ALLOW to allow WhatsApp Business to access your chat history and media.
- Enter the 6-digit SMS code to verify your number.
- Create your business profile > tap NEXT.
- You can continue editing your business profile once your WhatsApp Business account is active.