How to Send Fake Location on WhatsApp
WhatsApp has a Share Location feature that allows users to share their location via GPS with others. Using the Share Location feature, WhatsApp users can share a specific location or a live location. Live locations will update automatically as the sender moves from one place to another.
In a previous related article, we highlighted the steps to follow if you wish to share your location on WhatsApp.
Sometimes, you may want to share a fake location with your friends on WhatsApp. Is it possible to send a fake location? Yes, it is! There are several ways to manipulate the WhatsApp Location feature into sending a fake location. This piece gives more details on how you can send fake locations on WhatsApp.
Send Fake Location Manually Using WhatsApp Location Feature
You can use the WhatsApp location feature to send a manual location instead of letting the GPS find your exact location. To do this:
- Launch WhatsApp by tapping on its icon
- Navigate to the chat that you wish to send the fake location
- Tap the paperclip icon that appears on the message box
- On the icons that appear, tap on the “Location” icon
- You will be redirected to the Location Sharing page. Instead of tapping the “Send your current location” or “Share live location” buttons, use the search button at the top of the screen to search for a location of your choice.
- Once the search results appear, tap on the option that you wish to send
- The selected location will be sent automatically to the specific contact you chose.
Send a Fake WhatsApp Location Using a Third-Party app
You can also use a third-party app to send a fake location on WhatsApp. One of the commonly used apps is the Fake GPS location. The app is easy to use and gets the job done.
To use the Fake GPS location app to send a fake WhatsApp location:
- Download and install the Fake GPS location app on your Android device
- Navigate to your device’s Settings>About Phone>Build Number
- Tap on the Build Number several times until the Developer Options is activated
- Once Developer Options has been activated, Navigate to the Main Settings menu and find Developer Options. Tap on it
- Scroll through the Developer options menu to find “Select mock location app”. Tap on it and choose the Fake GPS app you downloaded on your device.
- Enable GPS from settings and launch the Fake GPS Location app.
- Place the red mark on your target location and tap the “Play” button to set the fake location.
- Open WhatsApp and share a fake location with your friends and family.
WhatsApp makes it incredibly easy for you to communicate with your friends and family for free. You can chat with people from all over the world without paying heft international charges and you can make video or voice calls too. It’s a social app that is showing no signs of slowing down as it continues to be one of the most used applications in the world.
Get it on Google play