How To Change Your Age On TikTok Without Deleting Your Account
TikTok is accessible to people that are above 13 years and you must be above 18 years to explore all the features on the app. While signing up for a TikTok account, you are asked for your birth date. Some people may intentionally or accidentally input the wrong date. This might affect some of the features that you will access on TikTok.
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to change your age on TikTok in case you notice that your age is wrong. However, you can contact support and ask them to correct your age. You will have to provide your government-issued identification card as part of the evidence. In a previous related article, we discussed how to report an account or video on TikTok anonymously. This piece highlights a step-by-step tutorial on how to change your Age on TikTok without deleting your account.
To begin the process of changing your age on TikTok:
- Launch the TikTok app on your Android device
- Tap on the Profile icon located at the bottom right side of the screen
- While on the Profile page, tap the three horizontal bars located at the top right side of the screen
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap Settings and privacy
- On the page that appears, scroll through the options to find the Support section. Tap on the “Report a Problem” option
- On the next page that appears, tap on “Account and profile”
- Under Account and profile, tap on “Editing profile”
- On the drop-down menu that appears, tap on “Other”
- On the page that appears, tap on the “Need more help?” option
- On the space provided under “Tell us your feedback”, type a small message indicating that you wish to change your Age on the TikTok app
- Tap the “Report” button when done
- Once your message has been sent, you will wait for a response from the TikTok team