How to Make TikTok Videos with Voice Over
You probably have come across TikTok videos with voiceovers and wondered how they are created. For those that are not aware, voiceovers are additional speech or voices added by a person or people to an original video. TikTok recently added a voiceover feature to the app that helps people add voiceovers to pre-recorded videos or videos recorded on the app before posting them.
Voiceovers are a great way to explain the occurrences and/or to bring out a comical situation from videos. You can also use TikTok voiceovers to give a tutorial on some processes happening on your video(s). This piece highlights how you can make TikTok videos that have voiceovers. In a previous related article, we discussed how you could add voice effects and auto-tune on TikTok.
To make TikTok videos with Voiceovers:
- Update your TikTok app to the latest version
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon
- While on the launch page, tap the Add button (+) located at the bottom of the page
- Select a video from your gallery that you wish to post on TikTok. You can also record a video using the app’s in-built recorder
- After selecting or recording your video, you will be redirected to the editing page
- On the editing panel that appears on the right, find Voiceover and tap on it
- A recorder button will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap and long press on it to start recording your voice.
- On the bar that shows the different segments of the video, you can move the white line to a different segment that you wish to do a voice over
- If you do not wish to keep the original sound from the video, you can untick the “Keep original sound” button
- When you are done creating your voiceover, tap the save button
- Continue editing your video by adding other effects (stickers, music, filters, etc.) and proceed to post your video.