How to Change Your TikTok Username
When creating a TikTok account, you are required to register a nickname and a username. The nickname is the general name that other users can identify you with. The nickname is located at the top of your profile in bold.
A TikTok username, on the other hand, is a unique handle that TikTok users can use to find your profile, or tag you in posts. After using TikTok for some time, you may decide to update your username to a more unique and appealing one.
It is possible and very easy to change your TikTok username. Changing your username entails searching for another unique name containing letters, numbers, underscores, and periods. It is worth noting that when you change your username, your profile link will automatically change to accommodate the new username. In a previous related article, we discussed how to find someone on TikTok without knowing their username. This piece highlights how you can change your TikTok username.
To change your TikTok username:
- Launch the TikTok app on your device by tapping on its icon
- While on the launch page, tap the profile icon located at the bottom right side of the page
- On the profile page that appears, find and tap the Edit profile button
- On the page that appears, tap on the username section
- A page will appear where you will be able to edit your username
- Type in the new username until a green tick appears on the right side of the username. The green tick means that the username is unique and is not shared by any other TikTok user
- When you are done, tap the Save button at the top of the page to update the changes
- Your new username will be updated.