How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp
If you have used WhatsApp for some time now, you probably may have found the need to save some URLs from chats, save an important message for later, or write down some points. Where have you been saving all this content? Most people have been using third-party apps to save content from WhatsApp.
However, after the latest WhatsApp update, WhatsApp users can now message themselves and use their chat as a storage area. How cool! With the new self-messaging feature, WhatsApp users can send themselves text, documents, images, audio, and video files. This piece highlights how you can message yourself on WhatsApp.
To message yourself on WhatsApp:
- Update your WhatsApp app to the latest version
- Launch WhatsApp by tapping on its icon
- While on the launch page, tap the new chat icon that appears at the bottom right side of the page
- On the page that appears, a list of contacts will appear. You will see your contact (With your name) at the top of the list with the words “Message yourself” below it
- Tap on your contact to enter the chat area. Here you can type your message and tap the send button as you would do in normal chats.
- When you wish to forward a message from another chat to yourself, select the message you wish to share, tap the forward button, and on the contact list that will appear, select your contact. In a previous related article, we discussed how to forward WhatsApp images without losing the captions.
WhatsApp Messenger is a communication app designed for smartphones that allow users to send and receive messages, videos, images, and audio notes to contacts (including international numbers) through Wi-Fi or the cellular network when there is an Internet connection.
Get it on Google play