How to Unread Messages on Instagram
Instagram allows its users to send and receive direct messages. These direct messages can be in form of text, images, videos, or even stickers. If you are very active on Instagram, you may receive many messages in your inbox.
When going through your messages, you may accidentally open a message that you are not ready to reply to. Is it possible to mark messages as unread? Yes, it is. However, not every user can unread messages on Instagram.
Currently, only users with creator or business Instagram accounts can unread messages on Instagram. You will have to change your account to a business or a creator account for you to enjoy the unread messages feature. This piece highlights how you can unread messages on Instagram. In a previous related article, we discussed how to hide posts from someone on Instagram.
How to Change Your Instagram to a Professional Account
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping on its icon
- While on the launch page, tap the profile icon located at the bottom right side of the page
- On the page that appears, tap the three horizontal bars located on the top right side of the page
- On the menu that appears, tap on Settings and privacy
- From the Settings page, scroll down to find “Account type and tools”
- On the page that appears, tap Switch to professional account
- Follow the steps that appear on the next page
- After completing the steps, your account will be changed to “Professional”
How to Unread Messages on WhatsApp
After changing your Instagram account to a Professional one:
- Tap the direct message icon on your Instagram account
- Scroll through your chats to find the chat that you wish to unread
- Tap and hold on the chat
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap on Mark as unread
- That specific chat will be marked as unread.
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare, check friend’s photos, apply filters, custom borders and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment and enjoy your friends’ photos.
Get it on Google play