How to Share Instagram Reels to Facebook
Instagram allows its users to create, edit, and post Reels for other users to interact with. Once reels are posted on public Instagram profiles, they will be seen by other users who follow them. To increase the viewership of Instagram Reels, Instagram users can now share their Reels to their Facebook accounts.
As you may know by now, Instagram and Facebook are both owned by Meta and users can link both accounts to allow for easier management and sharing of content among both platforms. Linking your Facebook and Instagram accounts is done on the Account Center which is available on both apps. In a previous related article, we discussed how you would unlink your phone number from Facebook and Instagram on Android.
To link your Instagram account to your Facebook account:
- Navigate to Settings and Privacy on the Instagram app on your Android device. (You must be logged in to your Instagram account)
- Find Account Center and tap on it
- Under Account Center, tap on Profiles
- Tap on Add accounts on the page that appears
- You will be redirected to a page where you will log in to the account that you wish to add
- Proceed with the prompts available to link your Instagram and your Facebook account
How to Share Instagram Reels on Facebook
After your Facebook and Instagram accounts have been linked together, you can share your Instagram reel to Facebook before or after posting the reel on Instagram.
To share an Instagram reel to Facebook before posting:
- After creating and editing your reel on the Instagram app, follow the steps until you are about to post it
- On the page that appears, tap on Recommend to Facebook
- On the page that appears, activate the toggle button next to Recommend on Facebook
- On the pop-up menu that appears, select whether you would like to turn it on for all reels or just for that one particular reel
- Go back to the sharing page and tap the Share button to publish the reel
To share an Instagram reel to Facebook after posting:
- While on the Instagram app, navigate to the reel that you wish to share
- Tap on the share button located at the side of the reel
- On the options that appear, scroll to find Facebook and tap on it
- You will be redirected to the Facebook app where you will continue sharing the reel to Facebook.
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, and Foursquare, check friends’ photos, apply filters, custom borders, and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment and enjoy your friends’ photos.
Get it on Google play