How to Remove Your Phone Number from Instagram
When creating an Instagram account, you are required to enter your phone number or your email address. If you use your phone number, your account becomes tied to your number. This means that other Instagram users can find your account by searching for your number.
If you have privacy concerns on Instagram, you can opt to remove your phone number from your Instagram account. Before you remove your phone number from Instagram, you need to know that you will no longer recover your account using your phone number. Also, you will not be able to use two-factor authentication on your Instagram account.
If you still wish to proceed with removing your phone number from Instagram, you will need to add your email address to your account if you have not done so before. This piece highlights how you can remove your phone number from Instagram. In a previous related article, we discussed how you would unlink your phone number from Facebook and Instagram on Android.
To remove your phone number from Instagram:
- Launch the Instagram app on your device
- While on the launch page, tap the profile icon that is located at the bottom right side of the screen
- On the profile page that appears, tap the three horizontal bars that appear at the top right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap on Settings and privacy
- On the page that appears, tap on the Accounts centre
- Under Accounts centre, find Personal details and tap on it
- On the page that appears, tap on Contact info
- Tap on your number that appears on the Contact information page
- On the next page that appears, tap on Delete number
- A confirmation prompt will appear on the screen Tap on DELETE to confirm the process
- Your number will be automatically removed from your Instagram account.
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, and Foursquare, check friend’s photos, apply filters, custom borders and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment and enjoy your friends’ photos.
Get it on Google play