How To Edit a TikTok Caption After Posting
TikTok is a fun and popular platform that allows users to create and share their creativity in the form of short videos with other users. As a TikTok creator, whether you’re dancing, singing, or showcasing your creativity, editing your video before posting is a great way to ensure your viewers interact greatly with your content.
When editing your TikTok videos, adding a catchy caption can make your video even more engaging. The caption interacts with the viewers giving them a hint of what the video is all about. However, due to human error, you might misspell a word in the caption and only notice after you have already posted the video.
Posting a video with the wrong caption may send the wrong message to your viewers. Is it possible to edit a TikTok caption after posting? Unfortunately, there is no in-built feature that allows TikTok users to edit already posted captions. However, there is a workaround that involves reposting the same video after editing the caption. This piece highlights how you can edit a TikTok caption after posting.
To edit your TikTok caption after posting:
- Launch TikTok and navigate to your profile by tapping the profile icon located at the bottom right side of the page
- While on your profile, scroll through your videos to find the video that you wish to edit and tap on it
- While the video is open, tap the three horizontal dots that appear on the right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap on Save video
- Wait for the video to be saved on your device
- Re-upload the downloaded video as you would normally do. Correct the caption with the right content this time.
- Proceed to post the new video.
- To avoid people seeing the old video with the wrong caption, proceed to delete it. A previous article highlights how you can delete TikTok videos on Android.