How to Use TikTok’s AI Song Feature on Android
TikTok is often introducing new features that keep making user experience better. Just recently, TikTok has incorporated AI on the app and has released an AI song feature on the app. The new AI song feature on TikTok allows users to use AI to create songs for their videos through written prompts.
As the AI song feature on TikTok is still experimental, not all TikTok users can access and use the feature at the moment. To help come up with AI-generated songs, TikTok uses Bloom, a large language model that uses machine learning, to generate lyrics. This piece highlights how you can use TikTok’s AI song feature on your Android device. In a previous related article, we discussed how to create an AI avatar on TikTok.
To use TikTok’s AI song feature:
- Ensure that your TikTok account is updated to the latest version
- Launch the TikTok app by tapping on its icon
- While on the launch page, proceed to create a video as you normally would
- When adding music to the video, tap the Add sound button that appears at the top of the page. Sometimes TikTok automatically selects a song for your video. You can cancel the selection by tapping the X button next to the selected song.
- On the menu that appears, tap on AI Song. (If the option does not appear, this means that the feature is not yet available on your app)
- You will be redirected to the AI song page where you will type prompts that will guide the AI in creating a song. Any prompt text will work. Tap the Generate button when done.
- The AI feature will work automatically to create a song with lyrics
- Once the song is generated, you can select between the different genres by scrolling through the genre tab. Each genre has unique lyrics to match the song.
- Tap the done button to select the preferred song and add it to your video
- After the song has been added to your video, proceed to post your video as you normally would.