There are many reasons that would prompt someone to block you on WhatsApp. Being blocked means that you cannot send texts, media files or make WhatsApp calls to that particular contact. You will also not be able to view their status, last seen and profile picture.
Good news is that even after being blocked, you can still chat with the person that blocked you. If you really need to chat with the person that has blocked you on WhatsApp, any of the methods below will ensure that you are able to send messages to them.
Delete your WhatsApp Account and Register a New One
By registering a new WhatsApp account with a new number, you can chat with someone that has blocked you. However, by using this method, you risk losing your previous WhatsApp chats and media files.
To delete your WhatsApp account and register a new one:
- Open WhatsApp application on your phone
- Tap the three vertical dots that appear on the top right of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap on Settings
- On the screen that appears, tap on Account
- Tap Delete my account on the screen that appears
- Confirm the Country code (the country which the account was registered) and your phone number
- Tap the red button written DELETE MY ACCOUNT
- Now close the WhatsApp app and restart it again.
- You will be prompted to register a new account
- Use a new number to register the account
- When registration is done, you can now text the person that had blocked you using the new account
Chat Via WhatsApp Groups
WhatsApp groups may come in handy when you have been blocked by someone. All you need to do is add the person to a new WhatsApp group. Since it is impossible to add a contact that has blocked you to a new WhatsApp group:
- Ask a friend to create a new WhatsApp group
- Let him/her add you and the person that has blocked you to the group
- Once the three of you are in the group, tell your friend to leave the group
Now that only you and the person that blocked you will be left in the group, you can send your messages to the group and only the other person will see them.