Telegram has become very popular over the years and is preferred by most people as an alternative app for WhatsApp. Telegram is preferred over many other messenger apps because it’s very stable, offers great security for conversations, and has many great features.
If you have just started using Telegram and you are wondering how you can create new chatting groups and channels, this article provides a solution. Below are very simple steps that will guide you on how you can create groups and channels on Telegram.
Creating New Groups in Telegram
If you want to chat with multiple contacts at the same time, it is recommended that you create a group. Telegram groups can accommodate up to 200,000 members.
To create groups on Telegram:
- Download and install Telegram on your phone
- Launch the Telegram app by tapping the app icon
- Tap the three horizontal bars on the top left corner of the screen
- Tap New group
- Select the contacts you wish to add into the group and click the arrow button on the bottom right of the screen
- Write the group’s name and add the display picture
- Tap on the ‘tick’ button on the bottom right of the screen to complete the process.
Creating New Channels in Telegram
Channels are used to send information to huge audiences. The messages sent can be accessed by anyone who joins the channel via the channel’s link.
To create a channel in Telegram:
- Open the Telegram app on your phone
- Click the three horizontal bars on the top left side of the screen
- Tap on New Channel
- Write the Channel’s name and display picture
- Click on the Tick button on the top right of the screen
- Select whether you want the channel to be public or private
- Tap on the Tick button on the top right side of the screen to complete the process.