As a frequent Instagram user, you have probably tried to view other users’ stories for one reason or another. Instagram stories have been designed to indicate how many users have viewed your stories within the last 24 hours. However, it is now possible to view someone’s Instagram stories without them knowing.
There are several methods that you can use to prevent other Instagram users from knowing that you have viewed their stories. This piece will highlight the methods and explain how each method works.
Viewing Instagram Stories While on Flight Mode
Instagram requires you to be connected to the Internet to view stories successfully. However, if you activate flight mode on your phone while on Instagram, you can view other users’ stories without them being notified that you have viewed.
For this method to work, the content on Instagram should have fully loaded before you decide to activate flight mode. To view Instagram stories while on flight mode:
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping the app’s icon
- Give the app some time to load all the content
- From the top of your screen, drag down the notification bar
- Tap on the Airplane icon to activate Flight mode
- Close the notification bar to go back to the Instagram app
- You can now start viewing the stories
Using the Story Saver App
You can also use a third party app to help you view Instagram stories without other users knowing. Story Saver is an easy-to-use app that is downloadable on Google Play. To use the Story Saver app:
- Download and install the Story Saver app on your phone
- Launch the app by tapping on the icon
- Sign in into your account via the app by entering your log in details
- Tap on the search icon that appears on the top right of the landing page
- Type in the username of the person whose stories you wish to view and press search
- Once the profile appears, tap on the profile picture to view their stories in a feed format
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare, check friend’s photos, apply filters, custom borders and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment and enjoy your friends’ photos.
Story Saver is a tool for downloading Instagram Stories directly into your Android gallery. After downloading photos and videos automatically from Instagram Stories, the app lets you save files in the gallery, repost them on Instagram or share them on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.