WhatsApp Web came as an added advantage for most WhatsApp users. You can now use your WhatsApp account as you work on your computer or even send documents and media files directly from your computer to a person through WhatsApp without having to send the files to your phone first.
However, the notification “WhatsApp Web is currently active” that appears on your phone when you create a connection with your computer might be very irritating. The notification cannot be swiped away easily like other notifications.
You can hide and disable the notification while you remain logged in to WhatsApp web. This piece highlights the steps that you would follow to disable the notification.
To disable the notification:
- Open your phone’s Settings menu by tapping the settings icon on the main menu
- Navigate to Apps and Notifications and tap it
- Find WhatsApp in the list of applications that appear on the page
- Tap on the WhatsApp icon
- On the page that appears, tap on Notifications
- Under Other, uncheck Other notifications and Silent notifications
- The notification “WhatsApp Web is now active” will be disabled and won’t appear in the notification bar.