How To Know When Someone Comes Online On WhatsApp: Sotla
WhatsApp does not automatically notify you when someone is online. The only way to know if a user is online is by viewing their Last seen details that appear when you open their chat.
However, not all WhatsApp users have their Last seen details available since the Privacy settings on WhatsApp allow users to choose whether or not to display their Last seen details. This makes it difficult to send WhatsApp texts that require immediate responses because you are not sure if the recipient is online or not.
To deal with this problem, app developers have come up with third-party apps that notify you when a contact comes online on WhatsApp. Once installed, the apps monitor your WhatsApp contacts and send you notifications when a person in your contact list is online. Sotla is one of the best and easy-to-use apps that can notify you when someone comes online on WhatsApp.
To use Sotla:
- Download and install the app on your Android device
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon
- Once open, agree to the terms and conditions and give the app permission to access data from your device
- On the home page, Tap the + button on the top right side of the screen and select WhatsApp on the menu that appears
- Enter the WhatsApp number that you wish to monitor and tap OK. Make sure you include the correct country code to the contact.
- Give a name to the added WhatsApp number and tap OK
The added contact will be viewed on a page together with the details of the last time they were online. You can repeat the steps above to add more contacts to the list.
Each time a contact in the added list gets online or offline on WhatsApp, you will get a notification on the notification bar of your device.
To stop notifications from a particular contact in the list, simply tap the toggle button next to the contact to switch it off.