Notifications from apps are helpful but can be annoying if they keep blowing your phone up every time. For instance, Facebook has notifications for new friend requests, upcoming events, new posts, new group posts, reminders, and tags, among many others. These notifications may be irritating at times.
Good news!! You can disable Facebook notifications on your phone through straightforward steps. This piece explains the steps that you could take to disable various types of notifications on the Facebook app
How to Disable All Notifications
If you decide to disable all the notifications, you will not get any Facebook notifications on your phone.
To disable all notifications:
- Open Settings on your phone
- Navigate to Apps and Notifications
- From the list of apps, scroll to find the Facebook icon
- Tap the Facebook icon to open App info
- Tap Notifications on the menu that appears
- On the page that appears, tap the toggle button next to Show Notifications to turn it off
- All your Facebook notifications will be disabled
You may wish to mute Facebook notifications for a given period of time. To do this, you need to access the notification settings from your Facebook app.
To mute Facebook notifications:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone by tapping on the icon
- Tap the three horizontal bars on the top right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, scroll downwards and tap Settings
- On the page that appears, scroll downwards to Notifications and tap Notification Settings
- Tap the toggle button that appears on the next page to activate it
- Select the minutes that you wish to mute your notifications for from the popup menu that appears
- Your notifications will now be muted for the period set
How to Disable Notifications from Specific Friends
Instead of disabling all notifications of Facebook, you can choose to disable notifications from specific people on your friend list. You need to access the Facebook profiles of the specific friends that you wish to disable their notifications.
To disable notifications from specific friends:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone
- On the search bar that appears on the top of the page, search the name of the friend you wish to disable notifications
- Tap the name to open their profile
- Tap on Message
- You will be directed to Messenger where you will see your conversation with the person
- Tap the info button on the top right side of the messenger page
- Scroll down to Notifications
- Toggle the notifications off by tapping the buttons to switch them off