How to Clear Your Facebook Search History on Android
Facebook is among the major social media platforms in the world and there is a lot to do while logged in. Apart from the regular viewing of news feeds and chatting with friends, you can search for businesses, companies, celebrity pages, videos, and other types of content.
Interestingly, all the data you search on your Facebook account is saved for your convenience in case you need to visit the same pages again. However, you may not want to have your search history on your account and fortunately for you, it is possible to clear your Facebook search history. This piece highlights the simple steps in which you can follow to clear the search history from your Facebook account.
To clear your Facebook search history, you must first access your Activity log. There are two ways you can navigate to your Activity log:
- Open the Facebook app by tapping on its icon
- Tap the profile button on the horizontal menu on top of the page to access your profile
- On your profile page, tap the three horizontal dots below your name
- On the menu that appears, tap on “Activity log”
- While on your Facebook’s account homepage, tap the three horizontal bars on the right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, scroll down to “Settings” and tap on it
- Scroll down on the page that appears to find “Activity log” and tap on it. (It’s under Your Facebook information heading)
After successfully navigating to your Activity log:
- Tap “Category” on the next page that appears
- On the categories that appear, scroll down to find “Search history” and tap on it
- Tap “Clear searches” on the next page that appears
- All your search history will be cleared and will no longer appear on the history list.