You Can Now Add App Shortcuts for Instagram on Android
App shortcuts on Android devices have been in use for a long period now. The shortcuts help Android users to navigate to various functions of an app easily. The app shortcuts can also be added to the home page, making them easily accessible.
Being one of the commonly used social media apps, Instagram has now included the use of shortcuts. Instagram users can now add and use the Camera, New Post, View Activity, and Direct shortcuts on the app.
By tapping on either of these shortcuts, you will be redirected to the corresponding function on Instagram. The Camera shortcut allows you to instantly access the camera function on Instagram for Reels and Stories. The New Post shortcut allows you to add a new post on Instagram quickly. The View Activity shortcut redirects you to the Activity page on Instagram. Finally, the Direct shortcut takes to the Direct messages page on Instagram.
Somehow related to a previous post that explained how you can add Instagram’s old school icons to your Android device, this piece describes how you can access and use Instagram shortcuts on Android devices.
To access Instagram shortcuts on Android devices:
- Navigate to the app drawer of your Android device
- Find the Instagram app. Long press on the app
- A pop-up menu will appear with the four Instagram shortcuts. You can tap either of the shortcuts that you wish to use. You will be redirected to the specific page associated with that shortcut
You can also drag the shortcuts and add them to your homepage for easy access. To do this:
- tap and hold any of the Instagram shortcuts that appear
- Drag the selected shortcut and place it on your desired location within the home page
- Release the dragged shortcut to be added to the homepage
Instagram is a social networking app specifically designed for publishing and sharing photos via the phone. The app also lets you share photos instantly with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, and Foursquare, check friend’s photos, apply filters, custom borders and Tilt-Shift blur effects, comment and enjoy your friends’ photos.