How to Leave a WhatsApp Group without Anyone Knowing
WhatsApp groups allow people with common interests to discuss with each other within a common platform. When you are in an open group you can send and receive texts and other media files from other group participants.
However, you may find that you have been added to a WhatsApp group that you do not want to be in. In a previous related article, we discussed how you can stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups. Although you can exit the group whenever you want, there are some groups that you would like to leave without anyone noticing. But how do you do this?
WhatsApp does not have a direct way to allow users to leave groups without people noticing. However, there are some workarounds that when done properly can work and group participants will not know whether you left or not.
Changing your Number to a New One
The easiest way to leave a WhatsApp group without participants noticing is by changing your phone number to a new one. However, this method is not effective if you wish to use your old number again. If you still wish to continue to change your number:
- Navigate to Settings > Apps & notifications > WhatsApp
- Clear WhatsApp’s data and cache. This will not delete your account but will make sure that it is not seen
- Navigate to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Change number, and replace your old number with a new one
- Now log in to WhatsApp with the new number. No one will realize that you have left the group
Faking your Phone Number
This method seems similar to the one above, only that you will not be changing your number to a new one. To fake your phone number:
- First, you need to have a new number that you wish to use.
- Navigate to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Change number, and enter your new number
- Just like in the method above, navigate to Phone Settings > Apps & Notifications > WhatsApp; and clear WhatsApp’s data and cache
- Launch the WhatsApp app again and register with your old number
- You will have successfully left the group without people knowing
Changing your name and Deleting your Profile Picture
You can also change your WhatsApp name and profile picture before exiting a group. This way, the participants will not know who has left the group.
WhatsApp Messenger is a communication app designed for smartphones that allow users to send and receive messages, videos, images, and audio notes to contacts (including international numbers) through Wi-Fi or the cellular network when there is an Internet connection.
Get it on Google play