TikTok Analytics & Stats: Access and Learn from it
Being a social media platform, TikTok attracts a large number of people from across the globe. Depending on how many followers you have and the content that you share, you can become very influential on TikTok.
But how do you analyze the status of your TikTok account and view your stats? TikTok has an in-app analytics tool that allows you to measure your video viewers, followers, and other important data from your account. In a previous related article, we discussed how you would see who viewed your profile on TikTok.
This piece highlights how you would access the analytics tool on TikTok and use it to analyze your account’s stats and status.
How you Check your TikTok’s Analytics and Stats
Disclaimer! TikTok only allows pro account users to view analytics and stats. For you to view your account’s analytics and stats, you will be required to upgrade to a Pro account. How do you do this? It’s quite simple:
- Launch your TikTok account on your Android device and tap the three horizontal dots on the top right side of the screen
- You will be redirected to the settings page. Find the “Manage account” option and tap on it
- On the page that appears, tap the “Switch to Pro Account” option
- A page will appear where you’ll have to choose your account type. Choose between Creator and Business depending on the content you regularly post.
- To complete the account upgrade, you will have to verify your email or use the phone option to receive a confirmation text on your phone.
Accessing the Analytics Page
Once your TikTok account is a Pro account, you will need to follow the below steps to access the analytics page. To access the analytics page:
- Navigate to the profile page on your TikTok account
- Tap the three horizontal dots that appear on the top right side of the screen
- While on the settings page, scroll down to find the Analytics option. Tap on it.
- You will now have access to your account’s analytics.
How to Interpret your Analytics Data
While viewing your account analytics data, you will have access to three types of data: account overview, content insights, and follower insights. To break them down:
This section allows you to track your profile and video views and follower count. From this section, you can view data for the past 7 or 28 days. You can see the number of times your videos have been viewed within a specific time frame by viewing the overview tab.
From this section, you can track the performance of your videos. You will know which videos have been watched the most. In this section, you will be able to view analytics for videos posted in the last 7 days. If you wish to view data from videos posted more than 7 days ago, navigate to the Trending Videos section.
From this section, you can gather details about your followers. You will be able to see data like demographics and gender. You will also see how many followers you’ve gained or lost in the last week. You can also visit the “Top territories” list to view the top 5 countries from which people who view your content come.