How to Send Disappearing Messages & Photos on Instagram
As an Instagram user, apart from posting images and videos, you can also send and receive direct messages from other users. The messages include text, images, videos, stickers, and many more. Just recently, Instagram released an upgrade that included disappearing messages. What are disappearing messages, you may ask!
WhatsApp earlier introduced the disappearing messages feature. The feature allows users to send messages that will disappear automatically after some time. Later on, WhatsApp also introduced disappearing photos and videos where users can send images and videos that will disappear immediately after they are viewed by the recipient.
Back to Instagram! Instagram adopted the same concept as WhatsApp’s disappearing messages and introduced the “Vanish Mode”. The new feature allows Instagram users to send private messages that automatically disappear after some time. This piece highlights how you can send disappearing messages and photos on Instagram.
To send disappearing messages and photos on Instagram:
- Upgrade your Instagram app to the latest version
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon
- Tap the Messenger icon located on the top right side of the screen to open the messages page on Instagram
- Select one contact that you wish to send the disappearing message to
- You now need to enter the “vanish mode”. To enter vanish mode, swipe your chat up
- Once vanish mode is activated, your chat page will change to black and a note will be displayed on the page notifying you that you have entered vanish mode.
- Compose your message/image and tap the send button to send your message.