How to Reset Contacts on Telegram for Android
In a bid to make the Telegram app better for use, the Telegram development team is constantly researching and implementing new features on the app. Many new and useful features have been added to Telegram over time.
One unique feature on Telegram that is appreciated by many users is the reset contacts feature. At one point or another, you might accidentally delete one or all of your Telegram contacts. When this happens, you can use the reset contacts feature that allows you to restore your contacts. in a previous related post, we discussed how you can hide your phone number on Telegram.
For the contacts restore feature to work, you need to have imported your contacts to Telegram in the past, or when you started using the app. To use the restore contacts feature on Telegram:
- Ensure that your Telegram app is updated to the latest version
- Launch the Telegram app by tapping on its icon
- Tap the three horizontal bars located at the top left side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap on Settings
- Under settings, scroll down through the list to find the app version number
- Tap and hold the app version number until an icon appears on the screen
- When the icon appears, tap and hold on to the app version number again to display the developer options.
- Once the developer options have been displayed, tap the “Reset imported contacts” option
- The contact restoration process will be done automatically and all your imported contacts will be restored.
Telegram is an easy-to-use messaging app that protects your privacy and user data. The app lets you create chat groups with up to 200 people, encodes the messages exchanged, lets you share videos of up to 1 GB, send multiple photos, and use the cloud storage service.
Get it on Google play