How to Know With What Name You Were Saved on WhatsApp
Have you ever been curious to know how some of your friends have saved you on WhatsApp? By default, WhatsApp uses the contacts saved on your device’s contact list. This means that the way a person saved you on their contact list, is how your name will appear on WhatsApp.
How then do you get to know how someone has saved you? There is no official feature that allows you to know how someone has saved you on WhatsApp. However, you can use the contact card feature on WhatsApp to know.
One of the attachments that you can send and receive on WhatsApp is the contact card. Using the contact card feature, you can send people the contact information of anyone in your WhatsApp contacts. When you open a contact card, you will view the name and phone number of the contact that was sent to you. | A previous related article highlighted how you can know who has your number in their contact list on WhatsApp.
So, to view your contact card from a friend, you will have to convince them to send it to you. The success of this process is dependent on whether your friend knows how to send a WhatsApp contact card and whether they (your friend) have saved you to their contact list.
If they don’t know how to send a contact card on WhatsApp, you can guide them using the following steps:
- Launch WhatsApp on their device
- While on the CHATS tab, open a chat with the person you wish to send the contact card
- While on the chat page, tap the attachment icon located next to the message box
- On the popup menu that appears, tap on Contact
- Your WhatsApp contact list will appear. Search for the contact you are interested in and tap on it
- Tap the Next button located at the right bottom side of the screen
- You will view the contact name and phone number of the selected contact
- Tap the Send button located at the right bottom side of the screen
- The contact card will be sent
Once you receive your contact card, you will be able to see how you have been saved on WhatsApp by that particular friend.
WhatsApp Messenger is a communication app designed for smartphones that allow users to send and receive messages, videos, images, and audio notes to contacts (including international numbers) through Wi-Fi or the cellular network when there is an Internet connection.
Get it on Google play