WhatsApp connects many people from different parts of the world. WhatsApp uses phone numbers to create accounts thus allowing each WhatsApp user to have a unique identity. This means that if a registered WhatsApp user has saved your phone number in their contact list, they can view your profile on WhatsApp.
If you wish to know those people that have your number in their contact list, you can use a very simple WhatsApp trick. WhatsApp developers recently added the Broadcast feature to the app. The Broadcast feature allows you can send messages simultaneously to many contacts.
This piece describes how you can use the Broadcast feature on WhatsApp to know who has your number in their contact list.
To know who has your number in their contact list:
- Launch the WhatsApp app by tapping on its icon
- On the launch page, tap the CHATS tab
- Tap the three vertical dots on the top right side of the page
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap on “New broadcast”
- A list of contacts will appear. The contact list will have a heading: “Only contacts with [your number] in their address book will receive your broadcast messages.” This list contains the contacts that have saved your number in their contact list.
- Scroll through the list to find any unfamiliar number(s). Unfamiliar numbers in the list represent those users that have saved your number in their contact list. If you don’t find any unfamiliar numbers in the list, this probably means that there is no one outside of your contact list that has added you to their contacts.
- After finding all the unfamiliar numbers from the Broadcast contact list, you can view the profile of each contact to see who they are. You can also search their numbers in third-party profile identification apps, or just text them politely and ask for their identity.
- Alternatively, if you wish the unknown contacts to stop viewing your WhatsApp profile information, you can adjust the privacy settings on your WhatsApp app to only allow people in your contact list to view your profile info.