How to Use Telegram without Downloading the App
Telegram is a commonly used social media platform that connects people from across the world. Telegram is mostly accessed on mobile devices using its official app. Telegram users install the app on their devices and register or sign in to their Telegram accounts.
However, the Telegram app is not the only platform that people can access Telegram’s services from. In fact, people can send and receive messages and media files on Telegram without having to download the app. If your device has limited space and cannot accommodate the Telegram app, you can use Telegram’s web platform without having to download the app. This piece highlights how you can access Telegram without downloading the app. In a previous related article, we discussed how you can have multiple accounts on Android.
To use Telegram without downloading the app:
- Navigate to your phone’s or PC’s browser
- On the URL section type in Telegram’s web address (web.telegram.org) and continue to view the page
- On the page that appears, you can use the Telegram app on your device to scan the QR code on the screen; or
- Click on the LOG IN BY PHONE NUMBER option
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be prompted to enter your phone number. Enter your phone number and click NEXT
- A code will be sent to the phone number you entered. Enter the code in the space provided.
- Your account will be verified and synchronized on the web page.
- You can now enjoy Telegram on your browser
Telegram is an easy-to-use messaging program that protects your privacy and user data. The message service lets you create chat groups with up to 200 people, encodes the messages exchanged, lets you share videos of up to 1 GB, send multiple photos and use the cloud storage service.
Get it on Google play