How to Download Your TikTok Data & Activity Report
While using TikTok, you conduct a lot of activities within the app, including liking and commenting on videos, changing some app settings, and maybe changing some info about your profile. All this data is captured by TikTok and is available for users as a report.
Just like on other social media platforms like WhatsApp, as a TikTok user, you can also request and download your account’s data and activity report. The specific data available in the report includes information about your profile(username, profile photo, profile description, and contact info), your TikTok activity(videos, comments, chat history, purchase history, like list, favorite list), and your app settings(privacy and safety settings, push notifications, language). In a previous related article, we discussed how you can view and download all your WhatsApp account information.
You can download TikTok data and activity reports regardless of the device you are using. After you request your TikTok data, your request may take a few days to process. After the file is ready, it will be available for up to 4 days. The data will expire if you request it again. This piece highlights how you can download your TikTok data and activity report.
To download your TikTok data and activity reports:
- Launch the TikTok app by tapping on its icon
- Tap the Profile icon located at the bottom right side of the launch page
- While on the profile page, tap on the three horizontal bars located at the top right side of the screen
- On the menu that appears, tap on Settings and privacy
- On the page that appears, tap on Account
- Under Account, tap on “Download your data”
- On the page that appears, select the file format you wish to get your data in
- Tap the red “Request data” button located at the bottom of the page
- Your request will be processed and will be available for download when ready.