How to Block or Unblock Users on TikTok
TikTok has become very popular amongst many people across the globe. Due to the many people interacting with the app, many security and privacy issues may arise. Just as in other commonly used social media platforms, TikTok has taken stringent measures to help protect genuine users from malicious ones.
TikTok has the block and unblock function that allows users to block users that are either stalking them or invading their privacy. When you block a person on TikTok, they will not be able to view your profile, like and comment on your videos, send you messages, or even join you in duets.
The block setting is reversible and you can unblock a user who was already blocked. This piece highlights how you can block and unblock users on TikTok. In a previous related article, we discussed how to block someone on Telegram.
To block users on TikTok:
- Launch TikTok on your Android device
- While on the launch page, use the search function to search for the username you wish to block
- Tap on the username you wish to block to view their profile page
- While on the profile page, tap the three vertical dots that appear on the top right side of the screen
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap the block button
- A pop-up confirmation message will appear on the screen, Tap the red “Block” button to confirm the block
- The person will be blocked
To unblock users on TikTok:
- Launch the TikTok app on your Android phone.
- Navigate to the profile of the person you want to unblock.
- Tap on the three dots in the top left corner of the screen.
- A menu with several options will show up.
- Select the option to Unlock.
- If you need to unblock more accounts, repeat the above steps.