How to Mute Someone on Instagram
On Instagram, you can view posts and stories from all your followers and those that you are following. If you do not want to view posts or stories from particular users, you can use the muting feature. Muting someone on Instagram is a great way to keep your feed organized without having to unfollow or block someone.
Muting allows you to remain connected to the person, but their posts will no longer appear in your feed. When you mute someone, they will not receive any notification that you have done so, so it is a discreet way to take a break from someone’s posts while remaining connected. In a previous related article, we discussed how to remove Instagram followers without blocking them. This piece highlights how you can mute someone on Instagram.
To mute someone on Instagram:
- Update your Instagram app to the latest version
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping on its icon
- Search for the user that you wish to mute and navigate to their profile page
- Just under their bio information, tap the button written “Following”
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap Mute
- On the options that appear, choose whether to mute their Posts, Stories, or Notes by tapping the respective toggle button.
- The Posts, Stories, or Notes from that user will be automatically muted.