WhatsApp has released several other versions of the app since the first release in 2009 . Today, all the previous released versions of WhatsApp are available and can be downloaded on Android phones.
The WhatsApp beta program launched in 2016 also provides another version of WhatsApp known as beta. The beta version allows WhatsApp users to test unreleased upgrades of the app. In this piece; you will learn how to become a WhatsApp beta tester and how to download older versions of WhatsApp.
How to become a beta tester
To become a WhatsApp beta tester, you will need to use the WhatsApp beta version. You can join the WhatsApp beta testing team via Google Play on your Android device.
To become a beta tester:
- Open Google Play on your phone and search for WhatsApp
- Scroll down past the descriptions and images to the bottom section
- Find the “Become a beta tester” button
- On the next page that loads, tap the button that says “I’m in”
- You will be asked to Join the program
- You will receive a WhatsApp update that will install the beta version
How to download an older version of WhatsApp
If you wish to install any of the previous versions of WhatsApp, you need to find the APK file of the version you want to install and download it.
To download an older version of WhatsApp:
- Download the APK file of the version you wish to install from here
- Go to Phone Settings and navigate to Security settings
- Enable the Unknown Sources option and ignore the warning that pops-up
- Now uninstall the current WhatsApp version running on your phone
- Go to your phone’s download files and find the APK file you downloaded earlier
- Click on it and follow the install procedure
- The version of WhatsApp you selected will be installed on your phone