How to use Memoji on WhatsApp on Android
IOS 13 from Apple came with a lot of extra features. Among them are Memoji stickers. Memoji stickers are customizable stickers created by Apple. You can create Memojis using your face or other people’s faces if you like. You can also customize hair, skin color, eyes, mouth, glasses, among others.
Unfortunately, Memoji is only available for iPhone users since there is no Android version released yet. However, Android users can still use and enjoy Memoji without any problems. This piece shows how you can use Memoji on WhatsApp on Android.
To use Memoji on Android, you first need to create the Memoji using an iPhone. To create a Memoji on an iPhone:
- Open the messages application
- Tap the animoji icon on the keyboard and swipe the screen to the right
- Tap on New Memoji
- Begin customizing your Memoji and save the changes when done
- A Memoji sticker pack will be automatically created.
To use Memoji on WhatsApp on Android:
- Open WhatsApp on an iPhone and start a conversation with yourself (you must be using an Android device)
- Tap the text entry field to type in a message
- Tap the emoji icon on the keyboard and tap the three dots (…) that appear
- From the list of Memoji that appears, select the ones that you wish to send and tap the send button when done
Once the Memoji stickers have been sent to the WhatsApp app in your Android phone:
- Tap on each Memoji sticker sent to you and click on the Add to Favorites button
- The Memoji stickers will be saved automatically among your WhatsApp stickers
To use the saved Memoji stickers in your Android device:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device
- Open the chat that you wish to send the Memoji sticker
- Tap on the emoji icon that appears on the text field
- Tap the sticker button located at the bottom right side of the screen to access the Stickers tab
- On the page that appears, tap the star icon to access your favorite stickers
- Tap any of the saved Memoji stickers to send them to the person you are chatting with.
Memoji Apps for Android WhatsApp users
If you feel that using an iPhone to create and send Memoji stickers to yourself is hectic, then you can use any of the available animoji creator apps available for Android.
BitMoji allows you to create your own avatar on your Android device. The customized avatars can be used as WhatsApp stickers that can be shared in chats. The app also comes with a collection of already created stickers that you can use at any time.
Create your own avatar and personalize your messages from a growing library of emojis. You can also sign in to your Facebook account and use your newly created avatars in your messages to friends. The app also comes with a collection of already created stickers that you can use at any time.