Being one of the most used messenger apps across the globe, WhatsApp has a lot of features that make it easier and interesting to use. If you regularly chat with a particular contact or a group on WhatsApp, you can easily pin the chats so that they always appear on the top of the Chats list.
To easily navigate to a specific private or group chat, you can also create a chat shortcut on your phone’s home screen. Once you tap on a particular shortcut that you have created, you will be automatically redirected to that particular chat on the WhatsApp app. This piece highlights how you can pin a chat and create a home screen shortcut on WhatsApp.
How to Pin a Chat in WhatsApp
To pin a chat in WhatsApp:
- Launch the WhatsApp app by tapping on its icon
- Under the CHATS tab, scroll to find the chat that you wish to pin
- Tap and hold the chat that you wish to pin
- On the menu that appears on the top side of the screen, tap the pin button
- Your chat will automatically be pinned as the first chat
How to Create a WhatsApp Shortcut on your home screen
There are several ways to create a WhatsApp shortcut on your home screen. You can use the WhatsApp widget on your phone or create a shortcut using the WhatsApp app.
Creating a shortcut using WhatsApp Widget
To create a WhatsApp shortcut using the WhatsApp widget:
- Tap and hold an empty location on your home page
- On the menu that appears, tap Widgets
- Under the widgets page that appears, scroll to find WhatsApp’s chat widget
- Tap and hold the widget to add it on your home screen
- You will be redirected to the WhatsApp app to select the chat that will be attached to the shortcut
- Once you select a particular chat, the shortcut will be renamed after the contact name on the chat.
Creating a WhatsApp Shortcut using the WhatsApp App
To create a WhatsApp shortcut using the WhatsApp app:
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to the CHATS tab
- Scroll to find the particular chat that you wish to create a shortcut for
- Tap and hold that particular chat
- On the menu that appears on the top of the screen, tap the three vertical dots
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap Add chat shortcut
- Tap ADD AUTOMATICALLY to automatically add the shortcut to your home screen or tap and hold the chat icon to manually add the shortcut to your home screen.