Telegram is one of the commonly used Messenger apps. Like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, Telegram allows users to share texts messages and other media files. Telegram also has many other features that make usability easier and interesting.
One of the features that can be explored by Telegram users is the “Pin”. What is Pin you may ask? The Pin feature in Telegram, like in other messenger apps, allows users to place a chat or an individual message at the top of the screen. In other words, by “pinning” a message or chat, you will easily access them when you navigate through the CHATS tab.
As a Telegram user, you can pin important or interesting messages in groups, and also pin chats from contacts that you frequently talk to. Telegram allows users to have up to 5 pinned chats. The pinned chats will always appear at the top of the CHATS list. This piece describes in detail how you can pin a message or a chat on Telegram.
How to Pin a Message in Telegram
To pin a message in a Telegram group:
- Launch the Telegram app on your Android device
- Navigate to the group that you wish to pin a chat. It must be a private group that you are a member of or a public group that you are an admin.
- Tap on the group name to open the messages in the group
- Navigate through the messages to find the message that you wish to pin. Tap and hold the message
- On the popup menu that appears, Tap Pin
- On the confirmatory message that appears next, tap OK
- Your message will be pinned at the top of the group. If you can’t read the whole pinned message from the top, just tap on it and the full message will appear.
How to Pin Telegram Chats
To pin chats in Telegram:
- Launch the Telegram app on your Telegram device
- On the chats tab, scroll to find the chat that you wish to pin
- Tap and hold on the chat that you wish to pin
- On the pop-up menu that appears on the top side of the screen, tap the pin icon
- Your chat will automatically be pinned at the top of the chats list.