As of December 2017, there were reportedly 1.5 billion active users on WhatsApp every month. That’s an insane figure and one which has to be taken seriously. It’s no surprise then that WhatsApp is constantly being updated and improved, but even without the fancy new updates and features there are things you can do.
One thing a lot of people aren’t aware of is the ability to customize your WhatsApp notifications on Android. It’s incredibly simple and lets you truly personalize your device (as well as helping you to know who has messaged you so you know when you can avoid certain people!). Want to unlock a whole world of creativity? Look no further!
—> Make sure you are operating the latest version of WhatsApp. If you’re not, go ahead and update now <—
- Once updated, open the application.
- Tap on a contact who you which to add personalized notifications to.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right hand corner of the screen.
- Find the option that says “Custom Notifications” and tap on that.
- Check the box at the top of the list to enable custom notifications.
- Go through the options available and select the one you want to assign to that contact.
Easy. It’s really as simple as that. It doesn’t take a lot but it can be a great way of customizing your communication tool to suit your needs. Want to know when the boss has messaged you? Simply change their notification sound to something unique. You can set another for your friends, another for your mom etc etc.
WhatsApp opens up a whole realm of social interaction by allowing you to chat to friends and family for free, no matter where in the world they might be. You can video chat, send photos, send audio clips, send files and of course, send simple text messages too. It’s a fantastic way of keeping in touch with those close to you and it doesn’t cost a single cent.